This webinar aims to gain the participants basic knowledge about the development and application of an early warning system to help prevent outbreaks for mosquito borne diseases. It is coorganized by the University of Patras (in the frame of EO4GEO project) in collaboration with the BEYOND EO Center and the EuroGEO Action Group "Earth Observation for Epidemics of Vector-borne Diseases".
The webinar has the following content:
• Presentation of the webinar content and the EO4GEO project
• The BEYOND EO Center and the EuroGEO Action Group "Earth Observation for Epidemics of Vector-borne Diseases"
• Satellite and in-situ Earth Observations, state-of-the-art AI generic and scientific knowledge in the field of epidemics
• Development of an Early Warning Decision Support System for combating the West Nile Virus the implementation of EYWA in 5 European regions.
• Human infectious disease modeling related to climatic change conditions
• Exploitation of satellite-based Earth Observation data for Epidemics of mosquito-borne diseases
• Description of the Modeling Framework and validation an early warning system for combating the Nile virus at municipal (Greece) and regional (Venneto, Italy) level
The participants will be able to understand the basics about the development of an early warning system for mosquito borne diseases. The development of an early warning system and its benefits on disease outbreaks will be presented for selected cases at regional and municipal level.
The webinar is mainly non-technical and targets planners on regional/city/municipal scale as well professionals with no extensive experience on early warning systems.
Certificates will be sent to the attendees.